Saturday, September 6, 2008

Edventures!

So my latest adventure involved enough butter to butter 22,954 pieces of toast (it would take over two lifetimes to consume the amount of butter). I (as well as several other Wasatch High School art students) had the opportunity to go down to the state fair for 6 hours and sculpt a kick-line of animals. There was a cow, horse, dog, cat, mouse, and chicken. The butter is recycled each year from the last years butter sculpture (last year it was a life-size bull rider and rodeo clown). We were working in a 50 degree refrigerator with a glass window so that people could watch while we made it. It was strange working with a medium that changes consistency while you work. It was sweet though, I got a shirt and a sweatshirt that said "got butter?" and I learned that I would never want to sculpt out of butter full-time. The first time I walked into the refrigerator I started gagging. Butter has a totally different smell when there are about 250 gallons worth of it. Here are some pictures. We finished most of it, but maybe those pictures will come later (my friend took some). Overall, you could say that it was a Dairy big mess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! So will you be looking at buttered popcorn differently?

edandme said...

Actually No, I thought it would at the time but butter is just as good as ever.