Friday, September 26, 2008

SWIMATHON!

Well, Wasatch Swim Team is having its one and only fundraiser and it is something slightly different this year. We are having a swimathon and no, its not near as much fun as a walkathon for 3 reasons: You have limited breathing, You can only swim so slow, and we will be swimming at least 3 miles in less than 2 hours. But hey, who's complaining? The breakdown of money gleaned is pretty simple, 5% goes to USA swimming for setting up the whole program, 50% goes to the team as a whole to pay for all the team expenses (and waterpolo gear for the spring) and 45% goes to the individual swimmer to pay for trip fees, entry fees, and stuff like that. So the reason why I am posting this is to see if any of you love us so much as to donate. The 3 miles is 200 laps of the pool. It is either 200 laps or 2 hours (whichever comes first) but we should be able to complete the 200 laps. So the pledge is per lap so if you were to pledge 5 cents then you would be donating $10.00. This plea for help is for me and kristen so as much as I would like to say you can just donate double for me, you should probably be willing to pledge the same for both of us. You can just e-mail me if you would like to pledge anything. My E-mail is swimmin24.7@gmail.com. We would appreciate any support that you could provide us and the team. Thanks and love you all...Ed
P.S. why does nobody else post anything? I want to hear about everyone else's lives.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me I"ll do the five cents for the both of ya. Also, haven't got on here for a while so I am going to do better. It might be when we are a little more settled but, I will do BETTER. DANGIT! Love ya man.

Brenda said...

We are so in on 5 cents a lap for each of you and good luck!! When is it?? ~Love Aunt Brenda

Kristen Joe said...

The swim-a-thon is going to take place this Saturday... the 11th. it is gonna be super hard and thank you all for your donations :) love you all!!!
Kristen